Friday, April 11, 2008

April 11, 2008

Last day of pills~Metformin and Baby Asprin!!!!

It's amazing to think of where we've been. Lupron shots, then Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle--up to three shots per day, then the HCG shot, then all of those wicked PIO shots. Antibiotics before the cycle, baby asprin, metformin, medrol, prometrium...so so much.

Now...my med schedule is ONLY my heart med, and my prenatal vitamin! Amazing!!!

Well...I told my work this week. It went GREAT~! My workplace has a very cool tradition, that if someone is pregnant, they should put baby booties into the executive director's mailbox, and then he must figure out who in the entire department is pregnant, and then sets the booties out with the pregnant person's name on them to announce the pregnancy to the rest of the department.

So...I was waiting until after my 12 week ultrasound to tell work. My ultrasound went great, and it was time! Not to mention, *I* am getting more self conscious about my tummy, and hiding it! I bought two pairs of little white booties and tied them together with a green ribbon, with a little tag on them that said TWINS!!! Like a stealth, I slipped them into Todd's mailbox about 8:00 am on Tuesday morning. We have our unit meeting (just the 10 of us from our unit) and one of my coworkers walked into our meeting and said that Todd was carrying around two pairs of booties with a tag that said "twins". EVERYONE in my unit was talking it out, trying to figure out who in our entire department could possibly be pregnant. ONE of the gals looked right at me, as if to ask me nonverbally if it was me...so I winked at her, and IMMEDIATELY she stopped asking questions, almost to say that she got my "cue". One of the other gals in the unit made it her "job" to get to the bottom of the mystery and figure out who was having TWINS!

As we returned to the unit, I could hear her gabbing away, with all sorts of speculation about who it might be ;) None of her guesses were right though ;)

My supervisor came in later and asked me if it was me having the twins, and I confirmed that yes, it was indeed me. She got very excited, almost teary, and gave a nice big hug. It was very nice!

Later in the day, she and another male coworker walked back into our office suite, and he pointed at me, so as to say, "it's YOU!" I asked him what was up, and he said, "Is it you? Pregnant with twins?" and before I could even get a word out, the same coworker that was on the hunt ty figure out the mystery, said "NO!!! It can't be Becki. She's too tiny. Is it?" and I smiled, shrugged, and started to walk away...yelling "maybe!!!" as I could just SEE her eyes begin to bug out of her head ;) And I couldn't help myself, and said, "I was ALMOST going to tell you earlier when you were making all of your guesses, that you needed to guess a little closer to home." So...then she SCREAMED, and said "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and a couple of the therapists came walking down, and from there, word traveled fast!

So, the booties are out on the counter now, by the mailboxes. Four perfect little white shoes for four perfect little feet, labeled with our last name. Love love love.

No comments: