I do not have a bunch of new updates. I have been shot free and loving it for the past week/week and a half now. My shot sites actually got much more sensitive after the shots stopped. I'm sure that the area was bruising and healing. There are still obvious lumps on each side where I had so much of that oil pumped in. I do wonder how long before my lumpy hiney will return to its former self :D The sites are also very itchy, because of the need to wipe with alcohol every day before the shot. Coming out of winter here in WI makes for dry air already, and then add some alcohol to your skin daily and it's no wonder they're peeling a bit! But really...this is nothing.
Really, looking back...all the shots...all the ultrasounds...all the $$$...nothing. Two precious little gifts are growing in my uterus. As mastercard says, PRICELESS.
I was reading in my Pregnancy book last week and it said that (now this was at 11 weeks, and I am 12 now) that the uterus is starting to rise up out of the pelvis, and that you may start to feel it if you press just above your pubic bone. So of course being the curious gal I am, I do. Well...they write these books for singleton pregnancies of course, and hello...my uterus is already a few cm above my pubic bone. I guess these are the joys of two babies growing inside.
I also continue to have a ravenous appetite. Our next doctor appt is Monday, and I need to ask about this. I literally eat all day long. I suppose this is why I'm gaining weight like a wild woman. Really, the gaining wait thing...is hard for me. I worked so hard after having Olivia to lose it and now I'm SO hungry and packing on the pounds. My momma and husband tell me not to worry for one second about it, and eat to help these babies grow big and strong, but it's hard for me NOT to think about. I am going to ask the doctor about how much I SHOULD be gaining, because I feel like I am STARVING all day long. And, for anyone that KNOWS me, and my NORMAL appetite, it is quite the opposite. Sure, I eat a normal meal like anyone, but I am NOT ravenous in between. Uggh. This is probably the single thing that bothers me most.
My belly IS growing. I joke that it's mostly flab given my propensity to eat like a wild animal lately, but feeling the top of my uterus well into my tummy, I'm certain that not ALL of it is chub..hahahahaha. I am ready to make the move into the elastic band maternity pants. My others are pretty uncomfortable, and unable to be buttoned. I've been using the rubber band trick, so as not to jump into maternity pants before I've told people at work. So...without further adu....here I am in all my glory....

I KNOW this photo is wide, so you may have to click it if any of my tum gets cut off. And no comments on the belly button. It'll only get worse from here.
And, like I said, we have another doctor appointment on Monday. It is an ultrasound, which actually tests the nuchal translucency fold in the babies' necks. They have found that a fold too big (I think too big?) can be a soft marker for Down's Syndrome, so they now measure this fold, in conjunction with the Quad Screen bloodwork. However, the Quad Screen is not accurate in multiple pregnancies, so we will not have the bloodwork, just the ultrasound. So, wish us luck that all measures as it should!!!! I will post an update and pictures of course on Monday!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment