Pulling it down off the fridge, going through all the misc. supplies, looking at all of the syringes and needles we have left...well....it was very bittersweet. I almost felt the same way that I did when that giant bag of stuff was delivered...overwhelmed. Looking at all of the stuff we have left, and KNOWING that it wasn't even a QUARTER of all of the supplies we once had and used for the process, KNOWING that all we had left for meds was some of the stims and THAT was miniscule compared to where we began... Wow. I felt in aww really of what we've been through. I even got a little teary looking at it all, packing it all up, remembering all that we had been through to get to where we are at...just WoW. Shots, stims, pills, ultrasounds and blood every other day, egg retrieval, transfer, and more shots. Just wow. My mind was racing, and I can't even believe all that wewent through. At the time, it seemed like nothing. Well, maybe not nothing, but it was something that we knew NEEDED to be done, and we just rode the train and chugged along because there really was no other choice. We did all those shots, pills, visits to the doctor, etc. because it was just what was needed. But in hidsight....WoW........ Such an amazing journey.
Look at this! I took this the day all of our meds arrived...

AND, we reordered Bravelle and Menopur TWICE since I was such a poor responder and needed lots of juice to pump up those follicles! Just wow.
And then a miracle happened...

And both of those perfect little embryos are now beautiful little babies, growing in my belly. Yes, I'm preganant, yes I'm emotional, but gosh...it SURE doesn't get anymore AMAZING than that. I thank God each day for this opportunity and for this beautiful gift, or should I say giftS, that we are being given.
Just wow.



No comments:
Post a Comment