16 Weeks! Time is really flying by!!!!!!
I am counting down the days until our ultrasound on May 21. Tick tock, tick tock. I can't WAIT!!!!!
Other news on the pregnancy front, is that I've already started having Braxton Hicks Contractions. Yes. Already. Actually, they started when I was at a training a week and a half ago. I was 14weeks 6days when I had a bout of them in the training. Uggh. Now I have them on and off. Nothing regular of course, and I KNOW they're BH, but still. Already. We have our next doctor appointment on Monday, so I'll be asking him about it. I just want to be sure this is normal, and fine.
The other thing is that I've had some pain off and on on the right side. So...I don't know if this is the "round ligament pain" that I have read about in pregnancy books and such, or if maybe the large cyst on my right ovary has burst (which from my understanding isn't a big deal). I will bring this up with the doctor too.
Did anyone notice the baby ticker on the left...LOOK at those babies! Filling out, getting long, and looking more and more like babies each week! I love that thing! So realistic and shows what the babes look like!
On another front...Curt's been sick on and off for over a month now. He started with a flu type bug, puking and feeling overall poopy. Then he felt better for a few days, but since then has had sporatic nausea. He feels ill in the morning, and then after meals. He went into the doctor about three weeks ago after it had gotten annoying and unbearable, and the doctor gave him some Prevacid for acid reflux, and did an abdominal ultrasound to rule other things out. The ultrasound came back okay for the most part. It did reveal that he has a "fatty liver" so he needs to be cautious with alcohol and Tylenol, but the doctor didnt' seem concerned about it, and it is not causing this. So...he took the prevacid for a few weeks, and went back for his follow up appointment yesterday. I went too because I'm confused about how it could be acid reflux. I thought acid reflux was painful burning, and Curt does not have PAIN, but nausea. The doctor explained that it could be nausea as well. To rule EVERYTHING out, the doctor orderd a scope of his stomach be done, so Curt scheduled that on May 20 along with a full physical. He's getting the full work up! So, please keep Curt in your prayers, and hope that his nausea subsides.
Really the doctor said that he does not expect to find anything with the scope, but wants to rule out the "really bad" things. He said it could be acid reflux or gastrostesis, or that Curt could just have a sensitive Vagus nerve. I joke that he is the pregnant one with the morning sickness, but he doesn't find it as funny as I do. :D
Olivia is doing well. Adorable and lovely...except when she's not. Hhahahhaa. Terrible threes, not terrible twos I tell you! No, she's such a lovebug. She is such a caring little girl, hugging me when she makes momma sad, trying very hard to please her momma and daddy. We love her so so much. She has been talking more and more about the babies. She seems to be grasping the concept more and more. The other day, she was on the potty, and pointed to her little potty ring that sits on the top of the toilet, and said, "Mom, we have to save this for the babies." Today, she said the same thing about her carseat (that she's still sitting in!). We talk about mommy's tummy growing big, and Olivia tells me that the babies can't come out yet because they need to grow more. Smart little cookie.
She also is picking up some spanish from her favorite television shows Dora and Diego. One day, she was sitting on the potty and needed help getting wiped, so she screamed from the potty, "Ayudame!!!" This means Help me in spanish. We both looked at eachother like "did she say what I think she said???" Perhaps the CUTEST is that she has taken to calling Curt "Poppi" which means "Daddy" in spanish. I chuckled the first few times and asked her where she got it, and she told me from the Babies on Dora. Every once and again, she'll refer to us as Mommy and Poppi, and it warms my little heart. I actually think that Curt rather enjoys it too! This is such a great age! She comes up with some pretty great things!
Ta ta for now! I'll post any updates Monday's doctor appointment brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment