Monday, May 5, 2008

May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo!

Our 16 week check went fine. I gained 7 lbs this month : Gag vomit gag. I asked the doctor if he was concerned about my weight gain, and he said no. He said that they expect me to gain 50 lbs and that yes, there was a big leap from last month (2-3 lbs), but we'll watch it and it's fine. He said that "according to their scales, I've only gained 9 lbs" and that is fine fine fine. I gained 5-6 with the IVF alone (with the meds and hormones, etc.), so...well...I've decided I'm SO not countine that. So, at a whopping 16 weeks, I have gained about 16 lbs. It feels like an atrocious amount, but I guess it's to be expected with twins. I think 10 lbs of it is in my boobs...5 lbs each I swear :) Hhahahaha. The weight gain does bother me, but it is something I'll have to worry about after these two healthy little bundles are born.

I am measuring at 20/21 cm, which he explains is the size of a 20 week singleton pregnancy. Big old roley belly :D

I asked about the contractions, and he said they're fine. He said that they often come earlier with second/third pregnancies and they aren't sure if they truly come earlier or if the woman is just more aware of them and what they feel like with subsequent pregnancies. Either way, unless they become rhythmic, we don't need to worry.

And the pains I had on my side were likely round ligament pain, and he's not too worried about that either.

He was able to quickly locate both babies heartbeats, which was neat. Baby A was in the 130s and Baby B was in the 140s.

And the countdown begins. The next appointment is our anatomical ultrasound on May 21. Holy jeepers I can't wait!

No comments: