Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15, 2008

Things here are going well! Our babies are MOST active about 9:00 pm. I hope this is NOT a sign of things to come!!!! Ha! Perhaps this is because 9:00 pm is really the ONLY time I have to sit still, and so I notice them tons more! Liv is in bed, and I sit down to relax for an hour or so, and move move move they do! I feel movement mostly on the left side, where the ultrasound tech told me their feet were, and down real low! I have a feeling, if I were to GUESS, that one babe is still transverse and one is breech. We won't have another ultrasound for another 4 weeks, so no way to know for sure. We have a regular doctor check tomorrow, so we'll perhaps have more updates on my size and such then!

Today is one of those days where I just feel so blessed. Thinking about bringing another child into the world...wanting another baby SO badly and FINALLY achieving pregnancy. So miraculous.

This was a big spending month : For Father's Day, Curt got a present I just KNEW he'd love. A flatscreen TV. Well, we planned on getting one for the basement once it was done, as we'd need SOMETHING to go down there. Curt has been working SO SO SO hard on that basement that I thought I'd just surprise him with the TV early ;) Kill two birds with one stone! Well, he was surprised alright, and loved it of course. So we decided in the end, to put the new TV upstairs, and the old TV downstairs. So...of course, we needed a new cabinet to go under the TV, as our old was a LARGE tower to stand next to the projection TV and would look pretty funny next to the new TV. So...new stand.

Other purchases this month included the boys' bedding, which I browsed and then found a GREAT coupon for, so bought that, and the second crib. Actually, there's a funny story to the crib experience. I browsed at the Lullabye Shop with Olivia about a week ago, and saw one or two that would work fine. I looked so much that I was resigned to the fact that I would not find one to match, so finding one close would have to do. So...while I was at the Lullabye shoppe, I saw this crib that was on clearance, and asked the sales clerk about it. She told me that it was NOT in stock, and would take 6-8 weeks to order and receive. Well, being that I'm not huge or super far along, I thought, "oh, okay, no biggie." Thursday night, Curt's softball game was cancelled, so I asked him if he wanted to bop over to the Lullabye Shop, look at and maybe order that crib since it'll take 6-8 weeks anyhow. He agreed, but little did we know that Thursday night would bring thunderstorms, tornado warnings, and floods. Wow : So, going to the store it was raining, but nothing scary. While IN the store, the other clerk looked up the crib, and well..they had 7 in STOCK : IN STOCK : There really was NO pressing need for us to go on a Thursday night, much less a night of a crazy storm when there were 7 IN STOCK, but the OTHER lady told me that it was NOT in stock, so we went. Ohhhhhhhhhh well. So, they have it in stock, and Curt and the clerk load it into the van in the now pelting rain, we run through the Culver's drive through, and get home as the torrential downpours are starting. We were very happy to be home, in our silly crib buying excursion that SO could have waited. Oh well...fun stories!

So...our budget needs to rejuvenate before we make any further purchases. Yikes!!! It is fun to start the process though!!!

As I type this, one of the babes is moving around. Thump thump thump....SUCH a wonderful feeling!!!

No comments: