Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14, 2008

26 week check today with ultrasound. All in all it went great! Here are all the details!

I drank the nasty orange drink down and had my blood drawn for GD as well as anemia. I should have the results on that in a few days. Hopefully I don't have it, as that stuff is nasty tasting and I'd have to drink double next time : : : Gross.

After the blood draw, we had our scheduled appointment. Perhaps the biggest shock was that both boys are...HEAD DOWN! Now, they are also only 26 weeks and twins are known to move around like bandits, so there are NO guaruntees that they'll stay that way! But wow. My guess was Baby A=Breech, Baby B=Transverse. 0/2. Hahahhaa. The u/s tech said that it's the feet of Baby A that are kicking at my side, and I'm probably getting punched or head butted in the cervix region. Hhahhaha. Silly boys.

We verified again, two boys. Very clearly two boys ;) We even have pictures of their gender parts...hahahah. We did get lots of pictures and if we ever get around to scanning them, we'll put them up. But, Curt moved half our computer room out (as it'll eventually be the boys' room) and the chances of timely scanning aren't great. Hehehe.

BOTH boys' heartbeats were at 132 BPM today. Baby A is measuring at 2 lb 2 oz and Baby B at 2 lb 3 oz, so they're doing GREAT!

I asked her to take another glance at those spongy type cysts that they found last time on their brains, and both are gone...completely gone, so that's great! They were so reassuring that they'd be gone, and indeed they are. I just feel relieved to know!

We then saw the doctor, to find out that I had gained aLOT of weight this month. No need to post the number, but rest assured, it's in the double digits : I was gaining steadily until this month...and already feeling crappy about it, and well...let's just say I feel very down about this weight gain. It's SO hard because I'm just hungry all the time. The doctor told me that #1 the babies amniotic fluid is in the higher normal range #2 Gestational diabetes can cause larger jumps in weight, as well as amniotic fluid, and #3 that my fundal height measurement jumped from being 6 weeks ahead to 9 weeks ahead. I measured today at 35 weeks : I'm 26 weeks. So, he obviously wants me to eat "more healthfully" and truthfully I've not been watching what I eat much at all. If I am hungry, I eat, and well...we all know I don't always choose the best foods. So, I will make a conscious effort this month to do better. I really don't want to gain so much weight that I look enormous :( It worries me.

I also discussed my frequent braxton hicks contractions with him. He said that my cervix is measuring at 5 cm, which is a great length (as you efface, it becomes thinner and at this stage of pregnancy, that'd be bad). He said that based on that many BH, he wants to do an internal, and checked to find that I am not dialated at all, which too is great. So...long, closed cervix, just as they like to see.

So...we wait for our Gestational Diabetes test to come back. Pray for negative results. Uggh.

Two quick stories from the day...
#1- While lying on my back on the ultrasound table, I started to feel odd. Then I started to feel sick, then like I might pass out. I had to ask the ultrasound tech to let me sit up for a few minutes because I felt so terrible. I've never had that before. I'm not sure if it was because I had to drink that nasty sugary drink, or if it was lying on my back that long with the pressure of the babes pressing down, but it was bad. We did a large chunk of the ultrasound with me laying on my side, which helped so so so much. Weird though!

#2- I got a braxton hicks contraction while the doctor was measuring me. But...only half of my uterus was contracting. So, my right side bulged WAY up and out, and my left remained normal : It looked like the strangest thing I"d ever seen. Curt's eyes nearly bugged out of his head. If only we had a camera, because my gosh did it look weird. The doctor said that it's normal for only half of the uterus to contract at times, and that was what was causing that. Wow. Alien tummy. Hahhahahaa.

I'll update with more results of the GD test and such if/when we get them!

No comments: