Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12, 2009

I had another appointment with the surgeon yesterday, and it was a GREAT one. First of all, I am REALLY feeling great. Every day is better than the day prior. I am walking straighter, and feeling SO much better!!!!! I am not needing any pain medication right now. I would say that on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being excruciating pain and 10 being feeling completely back to normal, I am at a 6 or a 7! Sleep is still difficult at times. My incision is so huge, hip to hip, that there really is no great way to sleep that doesn't put pressure on my hip. When I sleep on either side, there is pressure on the incision. I obviously can't sleep on my stomach, and my surgeon asks me NOT to sleep on my back UNLESS my knees are bent. I have slept like that, but I wake up with my knees throbbing, so really my sides are the best option. Anyhowwwwwwwww..... I really do feel great, which is a huge sigh of relief, because I remember sobbing in those early days to Curt, just WISHING I could feel better and be back to myself. I see an end in sight!

I asked the surgeon a million questions. Perhaps most importantly, I asked....or um...begged...for him to let me pick up my baby boys. Of course, I will wait if it is important for me NOT to in order to heal, but I am LONGING to pick them up. And, he told me, that I can pick them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One at a time ;) Hehehehe. I am so excited! Last night, *I* got up with the babies in the middle of the night, because Curt has done it for the last 2.5 weeks in a row. It was very nice actually. I've missed my babies!!!

Another question I asked is how long I must wear this abdominal compression garmet for. He told me forever :| I asked him to be more specific and he said 6 months. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I hate it. HATE it. It really IS far more comfortable than the surgical binder, but who ENJOYS having a tight piece of elastic wrapped around them every moment of every day unless showering? Who really enjoys having it poke into your legs and your breasts? It has also caused a cloggged milk duct in my breast since I am still pumping, which has been swell. Blah. 6 months. Blah. But of course I'll do it.

But overall, the surgeon is very pleased with how I am healing up. He says the scars will flatten, and tht he's quite happy with how things have gone. That makes me happy of course.


On to the KIDS!!!!!!

Olivia-
We have signed Olivia up for Tap class! It starts at the end of April. She is going to have such a blast! She's just SO excited, and THAT makes ME excited!!!! I showed her pictures of Ballet, Tap, Jazz, and Tumbling, and she picked tap class. She said that she wanted to take the class where she tap taped her toes. Hallarious. She has two little outfits to wear for it already, and has already tried them both on. Whoaaaa boy is it exciting for her. April can't come quickly enough for Olivia!

Alec-
We had Alec's Birth to Three Evaluation on Monday! It went GREAT! The physical therapist manipulated Alec's sweet little body to check his strength and see where he's at. We found that he is cognitively right on track! He is very responsive to language, etc. His gross motor skills in his trunk and neck are a bit weak due to toricolis which has already started resolving itself. They said that really, he's doing very well and it's resolving itself and he doesn't need ongoing therapy. She gave us all sorts of things to try with him at home, to strengthen his muscles. LOTS Of tummy time, keeping him up right in the jump-a-roo or exersaucer, using the bumbo seat, holding him in a sitting position, etc. ANYTHING to force him to use those muscles is good, so that is what we'll do!!!

Evan-
We should just call him Mr. Content. Hahahahah. He is SUCH a happy baby, happy wherever he is...that is...unless he is put in bed. THEN he talks, whines, and cries. Goofy little bugger. He really is such a love. He and his brother now notice one another when layed together (have for a month or so) and grab at one another. Alec mostly grabs at Evan...goof! Evan's newest thing is to babble..."dadadadadadadadada" and also to put his little lips together and make spitting noises. Silly boy.

BOTH boys are chew chew chewing their hands like MAD! Red cheeks...drool (from Evan). They HAVE to be teething!!!! They are just chewing things like MAD. I keep poking around in there to see if there is anything popping through, but not yetttt!


And this weekend, we are going to start testing out Similac Sensitive formula with them! I am going to start them on 1 oz of formula in their bottle of breastmilk. Wish us luck!!!!!!!! The baby formula diaries are To Be Continued!

No comments: