Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13, 2009

Tales from the Baby Dairies: Formula Try #2

Well, bottle #1 with 5.5 oz of breastmilk and 1 oz of Similac Sensitive was at 4 pm or so. They did great, slurked it down, happy happy....until 6:45 pm. Evan (who does NOT puke) puked...VOMITED, EVERYWHERE. A HUGE amount, and a LOUD vomiting sound...not spit up I cleaned him up and it was again bottle time, so I did straight breastmilk, NO formula, and he drank maybe an ounce, and then writhed around, puked TWO more times, HUGE man pukes and puke noises

Then came Alec. Crying and having a huge fit during his bottle as well. Then Puke. HUGE puke like Evan's. He puked again, HUGE, out his nose and mouth, EVERYWHERE. New jammies and sleep sack.

So Curt and I held them and patted them as they writhed around in pain for the past 2 hours They are hurting. They drank practically nothing this evening, and are really trying to get all that formula OUT of them. They simply can NOT handle formula. They had ONE measly OUNCE of formula. ONE ounce. And all of this. Poooooor sweet baby boys.

Looks like I'm in it for the LONG haul. They hate formula...it simply doesn't agree with them. Their neonatologists might be right...she suspected a milk protein intolerance. No testing was done, but she suspected MPA, and now....after this...after their troubles in the NICU, and trying GS, then this ALL with the same results....

My poor baby boys.

No comments: