Wow. This is the longest I've gone between posting! Guess that's a sign of things settling down over here, which is n-i-c-e after the IVF rat race of appointments, let me tell you!
Where are we at right now...
-Still doing the PIO (progesterone in oil) shots nightly. One CC per night of sludge into my ass. I now have two large lumps on each side of my upper hiney. I HEAR they eventually go away, but I do wonder ;) They're fairly large. My mom ho hums everytime she has to put MORE in there b/c they're distinctive ;) I have been putting lotion on the sites when I feel itchy, and that's helped. I think I commented about this earlier, but I'm convinced it's the alcohol swabs done before the shots causing the skin irritation, and not the shots.
-I called my RE yesterday to ask EXACTLY how long I need to do the shots. Well....drumroll please....March 22 will be my last shot. Three days before that I go from 1 cc down to 1/2 cc, and take my last 1/2 cc shot of PIO on teh 22nd. I will have some leftover, so I may even do a couple more just to use it up. Why waste, right? What's another shot when my hiney already looks like it has horns from the huge lumps...hehehehe. Exciting thought tho...no more shots! I have taken at least one shot literally everyday (except the day BEFORE retrieval) since January 4. MANY of those days it was 3 shots per day, so a shotless existance will be nice!
-I go off my Metformin and my baby asprin at about 12/13 weeks as well. Wow! To go from the arsenal of meds to just the "normal"...it'll be odd!
We have our first OB appointment on Monday. Boy do I have the questions for my poor doctor. I'll try and post them and the answers we get on Monday or Tuesday. Then, Friday the 14 we have our second ultrasound. I'll be 9 weeks on the dot that day. I am absolutly counting down the days. I am SO damn excited to see those babies again I can hardly contain myself. Yet, I must admit, I am also petrified that something could have happened to one...or both. NO, I have no symptoms of miscarriage nor have I had anything but a normal start to this pregnancy, but I just feel anxious. I'm not sure if it's all we've been through to get here, or if it's an uneasy feeling that all women feel, but I just want to see those two heartbeats going strongly again. I will feel such relief! Now that we KNOW there are two precious little ones in there, I'm desperate for both to do well and come home healthy. Please keep praying for continued health of both babies.
I guess the only other thing to add is praying for the health of momma too ;) I have had two episodes with my SVT in the past two weeks. I'm certain that they're pregnancy induced, because I rarely ever have them anymore. And two in the last two weeks...surely it's not a coincidence. Actually, I had ONE before we even found out we were pregnant, and I wondered out loud if it was a "sign" that we were pregnant! Pregnancy increases your blood volume and your heart has to work a tad harder, so I wondered right away. And sure enough, yep! Then two weeks ago or so I had an episode that scared me a bit. Usually, I can get the rhythm to flop back very quickly, but it was several minutes this time. I was home alone with Olivia and she was napping. I knew from my pregnancy with Olivia, that if we go longer than 5 minutes, our old OB wanted us to get into the car and head to the hospital, and if it stopped on the way, great, but if not we needed to treat it so it didn't reduce bloodflow to the baby. So of course it was very scary, but it did stop. Then I had one last night, but it was fairly short lived (and Curt was home!). So...they are nothing bad, but they do scare me when I get them pregnant b/c who wants to think about how it could affect the babies... This is ABSOLTUELY one of my questions for my OB on Monday ;) I'll let you know what he says!
I can't wait for these babes to grow just a little more so I can pull out my fetal heart dopplar. I bought it when pregnant with Olivia, and it SURE is reassuring to hear that heartbeat. I wonder if I'll be able to find TWO distinct heartbeats or if they'll sound like ONE or what?!!? Guess I'll find out here soon! I'm 8 weeks so maybe even next week??? I ordered some more ultrasound gel from the internet to use with it, so I'm waiting on that too!
Alright, I'm sure I'm boring you! TTYL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment