Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 11, 2008

So, a touch of humor today...

Anyone that knows me well, knows that when I get tired, EXHAUSTED really, or VERY stressed, I do odd things in my sleep. I've been known to talk in my sleep, as I am dreaming. Once, I dreamed about having a mouse in the room, jumped up on the bed to a standing position and screamed about the mouse that was in our room. I actually fell off the bed, and landed one hell of a bruise on my leg from that fun dream. I THINK that was during grad school, so stressed or exhausted much? Yep.

Well...two babies also = exhaustion. Oh boy exhaustion. Well, this time there is not a whole lot of dreaming going on, but when the babies cry/grunt/groan, I must be SO tired and drift half in and out of sleep. Soooo.....so far I have:
-sat up in bed, patting and rocking the stuffed dog that's in our bed (Curt got it for me when we started dating!!!)
-got out of bed (when the boys were crying) WITH the stuffed dog in my arms, cradled like a baby. I got to the door of our bedroom before I realized it was the dog, and not Alec OR Evan.
-And lastly, Curt said that last night, he woke up to check on Alec, who was crying/wimpering in his bed and saw me laying down, patting the back of the stuffed dog.

So...maybe I need to #1 get more sleep (riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight) or #2 get rid of the stuffed dog (it's sentimental for me!). Pretty funny stuff though. Curt gets a kick out of it.

I am going to ATTEMPT to photoshop some more pictures of the boys I took earlier last week. Perhaps tomorrow or Thursday will be a photopalooza on the blog. You'll poop at how big Evan has gotten...but then again...it was more than a week ago these pictures were taken, so he's gotten even bigger pork chop cheeks since then!!!! We LOVE them!!! Evan Alec is getting a small double chin! It's great!

We found out today that our dog has a paracite. She'll be staying over by mom and Mikes for the time being, but we have a call into our pediatrician to find out if there is any risk. When they called us back, the nurse said that the doctor woudn't test them unless they showed symptoms such as diarrhea, gassiness, fussiness, etc. I told her that I really didn't feel comfortable because breastmilk poop is ALWAYS runny/loose, and she said that any changes in color/texture, and yes, Alec has. And both have been fussy/gassy for the past few days...she asked me if I'd feel more comfortable if she asked our pediatrican to run a stool sample, and I said that yes, I would. I am waiting for a return call to see if our ped will do it. Hopefully he will, because I'll feel better. It's so odd though...I wonder how on earth Ella could have gotten it. Mike thinks maybe from a dog that walks in our neighborhood and pooped in our yard. Well...two weeks and she should be better. We'll just have to clean our house good and wait to hear from the doctor.

P.S. There are no good news reports about sleep last night for a reason :| There was not alot of it to be had. We're reminded that really, their adjusted age is only 3.5 weeks. We need to be patient.

No comments: