Long time no blog *yawn*
I wanted to write to tell you about something that happened the other day. Sunday...I was changing Evan when I noticed something funky about his toes. By the grace of God, I looked at his cute little feet and noticed that he had a hair, wound TIGHTLY around his second and third toes. I mean TIGHTLY :( I tried to get it free and couldn't (and by this time he's screaming and thrashing) and frantically called Curt over to look at it. He brings a scizzors, as if a huge scissors between teeeeny tiny toes that are thrashing and kicking will EVER work unless the goal is to take the entire toe OFF...hahaha. Curt picked at it, and together, we THINK we have the hair unwound from his tiny little toes. It was wrapped SEVERAL times, enough to CUT into both toes like a razor. :( :( :( HOW on earth does THAT happen? I mean, once around, okay...but SEVERAL times tightly enough to cut the toes like a razor. WTF?
We have been putting triple antibiotic ointment on it at each change, and for about 12 hours or so it was pretty swollen. It looks REMARKABLY better now, but boy oh boy did we feel bad. SO bad that we BOTH (yes, laid back Curt too) have been checking their toes at each change. Poor sweet boy!!!
They are getting quite excited to bust out of the house for Thanksgiving. We got the get out of jail free card from the ped, and they'll be making a trek to Grandma's for Thanksgiving! Hope they do well!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5:00 pm
UPDATED:
Updated to add a milestone! Evan SMILED tonight for the first time. Of course he's done the gassy smiles that all babies do, but he smiled socially, purposefully tonight. After his feeding and change I had him on my lap playing with him, and he did a whole bunch of tiny smirky smiles and one or two big smiles. YAY! So darn cute!!!! So...he is 11 weeks old, but when you adjust his age due to his prematurity he's 5 weeks...which I THINK is right on target. Woo hooo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment