ROUGH night.
The boys were pretty unsettled after their 9:15 pm feeding, and I got little to no sleep until their next one at 12:30 or so as they took turns fussing. Then they both ate like champs and went to sleep, and I went in to check on Olivia.
Rewind to 8:00 pm last night. She said that she wanted to sleep without her pull up...in just her big girl underwear. So, after conferring with Curt, we thought we'd try it. We pumped her up about what a big girl she was, and how she could get out of bed whenever she needed to go potty, and could call for mommy or daddy to help...etc. She was happy and went to bed chipper. I checked on her at 10/10:30 pm, and she was still dry. When I went in at 1:30 am she was SOUND asleep in a HUGE puddle of pee. SO....this answers the BIG question we had: Does she NEED a pull up since she's wet every morning OR is she simply peeing in her pull up because it's there and she CAN? We're going with she still needs the pull up. No biggie. BUT...I am not testing the waters of no pullup-ville for a while yet again. I got her cleaned up and changed, bed changed, and back to bed, but soon after, she CRIED out for me, and when I went in, she was UNDER her covers scared. I asked her what was the matter and she pointed to her wall and told me to "look LOOK!!!!" and was pointing at her precious moments figurines. I pulled them down to show her that they were just her little dollies, but she was convinced that they were the spawn of satan. Finally she settled, but needed me to lay with her a while. Shortly after that she began crying pretty hysterically again and telling me that there was a worm on her wall. She was NOT being silly. She was quite scared. I think she was SO tired she either dreamed about it or she thought she saw something. Either way, I was in there until 4:30 am when Curt woke me to help him out with two screaming boys. I got to bed at 5 am, then was awoken by Evan at 6:30. YAWN.
Nights like those DO make me wish away their newborn stage. I AM excited for them to sleep longer, et a little bigger, etc. HOLY moly will it be nice to return to some normalcy. YAWN.
Mom and Mike came over, so thankfully I got 2 more hours of sleep, making my grand total for the night maybe 4 hours. One last time...YAWN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
olivia is not alone...noelle still needs a pull-up at night. i'm probably not helping either with the big cup of warm milk i give her right before bed ;)
Post a Comment