The start of Picture Palooza. I have so many...here are some I've gotten to:
Alec-B-Dalik

Alec top, Evan Bottom


Our three miracle babies

Alec left, Evan Right

Evan left, Alec Right

Some from Halloween
Evan left (with nuk), Alec right

Our sweet girl

Evan Left, Alec Right

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11:27 pm
Well, if anyone told you that scraping runny baby poo out of diapers with a popsicle stick is fun, they lied. I went this morning to get the containers to collect their stool in, so that they can culture it to be sure that the boys don't have the same parasite that the dog does. But scooping breastfed babies' poop out is no easy feat. I never breastfed Olivia and recall her poop, but it is nothing like this. The boys' is more runny, which I'm told is very normal, because it digests so much better. Well that's just great that it digests better, but scraping it out of a diaper is not easy. So far I'm 3 for 4... I had to get two samples from each boy, and I have both of Evan's and need one more from Mr. Alec. Then tomorrow I'll bring htem in. Hopefully they find nothing, and we'll be all set.
The boys are doing well. They seem to have reverted back to the waking up every 3 hours gig, which pains me. They give us just a little TASTE of sleep then decided nope, nevermind. Hahahhaha. It's okay. I can TELL they're growing like weeds. Auntie Kelly stopped over the other day and said that she could tell that they've grown SO much since she saw them last. It's sometimes hard for me to tell physically since I see them everyday, so that's great! I do weigh them every other day and see their weights going up which is SUCH A great feeling. It's amazing how well they can do in the comfort of their own home, with their family that loves them, and being out of the NICU. We LOVED the people in the NICU, but it's wonderful having them home.
Now...Please allow me to toot my own horn (about pumping) for a moment if you will...
I pump after each feeding, roughly 7 times per day (I did 8-9 when I was building my supply, but now the boys eat 8 times per day, and I sleep through the 4 am one that Curt does). I have not added up the total ounces per day in quite sometime. I need to. It always makes me smile...feel a little sense of accomplishment at how well it's going.
But Curt gave me a little revalation today. I am keeping up with supplying milk for two babies right now. Here is a little math, for the math challenged like myself.
Evan eats 4.5 oz per feeding x 8 feedings/day = 36 oz per day
Alec eats 4 oz per feeding x 8 feedings/day = 32 oz per day
for a grande total of ==== 68 oz per day.
Not only do I keep up with them, but I do, at times, have bags that I freeze because we have more than what they'll drink. I'd say I freeze a bag of milk (which probably has 8-10 oz or so) every couple days at least.
But, for simplicity's sake, we'll say that I produce at LEAST 68 oz per day. There are 128 oz in a gallon. 128 ounces divided by two is 64 oz, which means that I produce at LEAST a half gallon of milk per day. That is staggering to me. I NEVER looked at it that way. That is ALOT of milk. Wow. I'm a damn good cow. Who knew?
And just for fun, here is our freezer, which USED to be full of frozen food. Now, remember, MOST of this is from when they were tiny tiny tiny in the NICU and I produced FAR more than they ever needed. The NICU gave us bottles, which hold 2-3 oz, so inside each of those rubbermaid totes, you'll see those tiny little bottles. There are lots of bags of milk (8-10 oz in each) on top of a tote or two, because I've been too lazy to organize. I'm running out of room and will need to very shortly. But anyhow...here it is:

Who knew? Really. Moooooooooooo.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, the totes are something like 17"x26" and are full!



1 comment:
I LOVE pictures! They're so precious. LOVE the ones of the three of them together!!!
Post a Comment