Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4, 2009

Wow! 2009 is here already! I can hardly believe it!!!!

2008 was a year full of blessings for our family. After struggling with our infertility, we were blessed with a pregnancy at the very start of the year. We quickly found out that we were doubley blessed, with twin boys, and then the anticipation began! Our world was certainly turned upside down on Sept. 8 when our boys were brought into this world, a bit before they were ready, but again, a blessing, because had we not had our doctor appointment that day, we could well have lost our little Alec. After 32 days in the NICU, they came home, and things have really taken off since then! We are SO incredibly blessed!

As things are hopping around here, I have not been a very good blogger. I am very sorry for that! I will try try try to be better at this!!!!

I do have some pictures, that maybe maybe will make up for my absence. I know that I have SO many more photos to share, so I will hustle up with those too!

I didn't get to take the boys to a photographer for a 3 month shot, so I did them at home! Here they are!

Evan- 3 months-
Photobucket

Alec- 3 months- Our first shoot with Alec, he was not having it, so here he is
Photobucket

And a day later, I got this one of him, which is very cute...minus the rattle on the ground next to him, but oh well! Tis life!
Photobucket

And here's a shot of Mr. Blue eyes. I know it's early yet, and they may still turn brown, but holy heavens! Olivia's were real dark grey as an infant, as are Alec's, but THIS boys are pretty blue...
Photobucket

And another fun then and now...same jammies, just different sizes! Preemie in the NICU, 0-3 mo now (almost 3-6!):

THEN (close up)
Photobucket

NOW (close up)
Photobucket

THEN (full body)
Photobucket

NOW (full body)
Photobucket

And we sure can't forget Olivia. Here she is, waving hello:
Photobucket

Hahahhahaahhaa. NO.....if you look REALLY close, that finger has a bandaid on it, and Curt being the funny guy that he is, asked her to show Daddy her bandaid. So innocent...yet it produces something that Daddy is oh so proud of.

And an update on the pumping/formula saga---still pumping. I still have the same can of unopened formula in my cupboard. I am too scared to rock the boat right now. They are doing SO great. I really just hate to upset it!!!! And, I am only a few short days away from pumping for 4 months...what a milestone! My plan for now, is to see how it goes now that I am returning to work (tomorrow). I want to see if it continues to be feasible for me to pump at work a couple times per day, and if it is, then I'll just set some goals for myself and see how long I go. I really hate to poke the bear, when the bear is happy, ya know? We'll see. I still sure don't love it...I can tell you that....but for now, it's working for us.

The one thing I have been able to do, is to begin to reintroduce some dairy, which is a GREAT sign actually. I've been eating some more cheese and even a LITTLE ice cream. If anyone knows me, a LITTLE ice cream is a BIG deal, because I don't do so well with ice cream in MODERATION...hahahahah. I've added a slice of cheese to sandwiches, and that's gone well. I've had a malt from Culvers and it was beyond delicious, and the boys handled it just fine, so...we just MIGHT be on the road to a bit less sensitivity. All good signs. I need to try drinking a straight up glass of milk, then labeling it on the next pumping or two and see how THAT goes. I haven't quite been brave enough to try it, but think I will here pretty soon. If I am able to go back to eating mostly whatever I want, things sure will get a bunch easier!

Lastly, tomorrow I return to work after 4 months of being out of work! I have had so many people ask me how I felt about it, and really, I do feel ready. I feel ready to be back, and I know, as the boys spend cold and flu season in Grandma's care, that they'll do just fine. I really don't feel the same level of dread that I felt going back after 6 short weeks with Olivia. I feel prepared, and ready. I will miss them, absolutely, but will treasure the time I have with them in the evening. I am NOT looking forward to TWO things (work related). #1 is the crisis rotation that I will be thrust back into upon my return. Actually, I am on starting tomorrow for a full week. SO, not only do I need to juggle family and babies and work, but also unpredictable phone calls at all hours of the day and night. I sure can't wait for that. Blah. And, #2 is figuring out a morning routine for us. I know it's going to be very hard, and I'm not sure HOW it'll go. I am pretty certain we'll need to feed both babies sometime before leaving and get ourselves ready as well as Olivia, and add in there a 30 minute pumping session along with the 10 minutes it takes to clean parts and get the pump all packed up along with dropping kids off, one at daycare and one at Grandma's...it'll be an experience, that's for sure. Wish us luck with that!

Well, Happy New Year everyone! May it be full of all sorts of blessings for all!

No comments: