It's really amazing how making two little changes makes me feel more HUMAN again. I feel like we're FINALLY getting back into a sense of normalcy here...slowly albeit, but normal!
(1) We have started to keep the boys up after their last bottle of the afternoon so that they can be put to bed with their 7 or 8ish bottles. Wow. I have 2 whole hours to myself (minus any pumping and cleaning/straightening that needs to be done, so maybe more like 1 hour, but still!). I can relax for just a LITTLE while. I cannot tell you how great it is for me, and for Curt to have one moment where we don't have a child who needs us. Miraculous actually!!!!
(2) Babies are officially sleeping in their beds. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it, but now that they're in there, I do like it. Really, I could care less if they were in OUR room, because frankly, I like them close to me. But the mere fact that they're in their BEDS now, not their contraptions, is a huge load off my mind. HUGE I say. Even with all the "don't worry about it"s and the "just do whatever works best for you"s, I still worried. You know me. Neurotic worrier. So it's great to have them doing it, and doing it WELL!!!
Both boys are sleeping in their beds for all naps and bed now. Evan has taken to waking up at night, which is different than his norm, but we don't sweat it. If I give him a bottle, he goes right back to sleep, which is nice! We also made the change at night to feed only the one that woke, so if Alec wakes, but Evan is sleeping, we feed Alec, but leave Evan. Curt has been wanting to do it for a while now, and finally, now that they're in their beds, I gave in. I really don't want to wake the other if they are doing great in their bed...that wonderful piece of mommy heaven...and risk having a hard time getting them BACK to sleep. Plus, we figure, even if they wake within hours of eachother, we can get them back on their "together" schedule in the morning. I need their schedules to be "together" for my own sanity. That way I'm not feeding all day every day or changing one...we might have one free moment after we nap them to shower or something. Hhahaha. But so far, feeding whomever is hungry, has not bitten us in the hiney as I feared it would, so tha's good. Although, we've only done it TWO nights now, so really the sample size isn't huge. The other thing we do is we each take a boy, to be our boy for the night. Mostly, I have Evan, Curt has Alec. They're both waking at night at this point, so it's pretty even steven. When one starts to more consistently sleep through the night, we'll just trade off with the other, until someday...some GLORIOUS day straight from the hand of the Lord, BOTH of these little gifts start to sleep through the night. Then again, perhaps that will be the day that I meed the Lord. I sometimes wonder. Hahhahahhahaa. No, really, they are doing great! I guess I don't know how other twins do it, but for them only to wake once a night, seems great to me!
Oh, and the test of feeding Alec when he wakes seems to work as predicted. He didn't wake last night for his nuk every half hour, which was nice!
Until next time...on the Baby Diaries.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yay, yay, YAY!!! In their own beds, AND only waking once a night???
That is WONDERFUL news. So happy for you.
Post a Comment