Well, fortunately, not too much to report today!
Weights are looking good!
Evan- 4 lb 11.5 oz
Alec- 4 lb .2 oz
Actually, when the nurse read me their weights, she told me Alec was 3 lb 16.2 oz. I was a BIT confused and said, "um..how many oz in a pound???" and the nurse said 16, and then I asked, "so is it safe to say that Alec is 4 lb then?" She too was confused (they get weighed on the night shift), and said that yes, indeed, it appeared that he was 4 lb .2 oz. Funny!
Evan continues to do well. The nurse said that he is DEFINATELY hungry now. They took a picture of him sucking his thumb. So adorable but a TAD sad that he's hungry and can't eat! I know he's getting nutrition through his TPN, so he's just fine, but his little tummy is very hungry! Can't wait till he can eat! When you ask? Not sure! They said that they are deciding based on how he's doing whether he'll do 7 days of "gut rest" or 10. I don't mind either way, and ONLY want what is best for him...so whatever he needs, 7 or 10 is just fine with me ;)
Little Alec was all snuggled in when we went up to see him. Sweet little guy! He busts past the 4 lb mark! Good job love!!! They DID pull his umbilical line today, but put in a peripheral IV (IV in his arm). The nurse explained that while he no longer needs his TPN, they want to step him down to clear fluids (sugars, fluids, etc.) rather than "yank" him off of it and have him struggle. Sounds like they are being conservative and truly, *I* appreciate that. I'd rather play it safe, than be sorry! So, hopefully just a day or two more of his IV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a wonderful update. Still checking on you guys all the time and saying lots of prayers.
Post a Comment