Well...today was HOORAY day! I happily ripped my last patch off my back (which indeed gave way to yet another pretty red spot). I slathered on hydrocortizone happily knowing that it was the last time! Yip yip!
Olivia's sick today :( Daycare called yesterday telling me she woke up from nap with a 102.3 fever and a barky cough. Poor sweet thing. Last night, she just layed around. We drugged her up to get her fever down, but holy HELL her cough is loud and deep like a seal. I have a feeling she may have croup. She was up twice last night coughing and gasping for breath. So much so that I almost took her to the ER, but a few of my friends' kids have had this in the past and I remember what they described, and it seems so much like this is croup. I remembered them telling me to alternate hot and steamy and cool, so at midnight, she and I hung out and snuggled in the steamy bathroom with the shower on full hot tilt, then I wrapped her and I up in a blanket and we sat on the stoop of the garage for her to breathe in that cool air. It did help. We did that twice actually. And now her breathing is sounding MUCH better. Still, I have an appointment at her new ped at 11:10 to have her looked at, because it sure was scary last night when she was having a hard time breathing.
When I was hoisting her around with all her animals and the big blanket around us, I felt some strain a little in my tummy area. Hope I didn't over do it...but she's my little girl and she was so so so sick and sad...you bet I was going to hoist her around to help her feel better. Still, I can't help but wonder and worry. No crampiness or anything followed, so hopefully it's fine.
Do you know what elation two lines on a pregnancy test brings me nowadays? So dumb, I know, but remember...I've stared at well over a year's worth of stark white negative pregnancy tests. I swear...it's almost like crack cocaine for me (like I'd even know!)...but I pee on that stick and see two lines and I am absolutely smiling from ear to ear with happiness. I've probably peed on 10-15 since we got our positive blood test. I know. I know. But seriously...if a home pregnancy test makes me swell with so much elation...I'm all over that! Like crack I tell ya.
And each time I take a new one, I yell out to Curt something like, "Guess what?" and of course he anwers "what?" and I respond, "I'm still PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The first few times he smiled with his own glee, then he moved to giving me his "you're such a dork" look, and now...well...I guess we're still at the "you're a dork" look. Hahahahahaha.
My NEXT issue to tackle is that I am having some "issues" with my PIO shots. I have HUGE lumps on each hip/side of my hiney, which to an extent is to be expected. But to what extent. My mom thought they might be 2x3 on one side. Does she just poke THROUGH that giant lump of shot??? I called my RE yesterday and she encouraged me to use warm compresses 3x per day (as if I bearly have time for once), but I'll try it. Also, we've switched to the 1.5" needle from the 1", hoping that the larger needle will deposit the oil deeper causing less lump. It's really not painful anymore...just there. Two round baseballs on each hip. So...we'll see if I'll last too much longer on these shots, because Mom's worried that she really has no where else to go to poke now since the lumps are so ridiculously big. I'm gonna try the heating (maybe once per day!) and see if that with the deeper needle helps, but if not, we may be switching to suppositories. Creaming gushiness all day long : I would rather stay on the shots...so come on naw heat...help those lumpies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
those shots are cRazY-long!!! you are so brave, becki. glad the patches are a thing of the past!
xoxo
Post a Comment