I went in for my beta at about 7:45 or 8:00 am. Then I went into work, and had a full day, with back to back appointments. After one of my meetings at a school, I checked and I had a voicemail on my cell, and it was from nurse Jean, telling me to call her back. I call her back to find out that MY BETA IS POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
We're PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I call Curt to tell him...no answer. How can I even CONTAIN my excitement! After more than a year...WE ARE PREGNANT!!!! So I call one of my best friends, and share the news with her. It's so wonderful to have others excited with you. It touches my heart.
I decided that since I had about 25 minutes until my next appointment, I'd run home. I needed to use the bathroom, and truthfully...I had NOT POAS the entire time out of sheer terror it might be negative, so I was pumped to go POAS at home.
What a beautiful sight:


My first Beta number is 82. They tell me that they'd like it to be greater than 50, so 82 is right on track. I guess I was a little nervous it was too low because all the girls I post with on an IVF board had higher numbers, but they assure me it's great.
Well...we needed to tell my Mom, because she needed to know whether or not she'd be giving me my progesterone shot that evening or not. I had resisted calling a single SOUL all day, because I was stoked to share the news with our family and friends WITH Curt, and I knew he was excited to share too. So, we stopped by my mom's house, on our way out to my Dad's house for my brother Bob's birthday party. I told her that I had good news and bad, to which her face got long and she said "oh no." I tole her I'd share the bad first...that she'd be giving me 6 more weeks of progesterone shots because WE ARE PREGNANT! She stood up, hugged me, and cried. Tears of joy and relief. I think she was worried how I'd be if it was negative, and she was overjoyed that it worked on a variety of levels. Mike too was thrilled.
We had to go out then to my Dad's and wouldn't you know but when we get there, my Dad has gone to pick up my Grandma. I KNEW Jill would be DYING to know as she keeps up with the blog and knew today was Beta day, so I dodged her until dinner, hoping that I could tell everyone at once! I followed Olivia into Makalya's room (as I was dodging) and heard Jill say to Curt "Am I going to have to log on to find out the news?????" I had all I could do to keep from busting out laughing! Hehe. I told everyone at dinner, and it was so wonderful to FINALLY have news to share with them. SO wonderful.
I had a bit of a scare in the evening though, as one of my internet cheapo pregnancy tests showed no second line, and I had to wait until the next morning to test again with a store bought test (which came up positive immediately BTW, while a SECOND internet cheapo again showed negative). Needless to say, the internet cheapo tests don't work, and I threw them away! I guess I got what I paid for when I payed next to nothing for those tests that obviously don't work. Oh well! Live and learn!
Today...was a wonderful day! Can you believe it? Positive after well over a year!



1 comment:
thank God!!!!! i am so excited for you guys. what a journey so far. grow, grow, grow, baby!
xoxo
Post a Comment