We KNEW KNEW KNEW Chris (Curt's Mom) would be out of her skin wondering if it worked or not. I actually had lots of anxiety about not being able to get over there yesterday. I was so worried she'd think we'd forgotten about her, or didn't care, or even that I knew she'd be going crazy with wonder! We just did not want to CALL to tell her and Gary, because after well over a year, we were THRILLED to finally be able to share some GOOD news this time, and gosh darnit, we were doing it in person! We had Bob's birthday gathering Friday night out in Winneconne, so I knew it'd be tight as to whether or not we'd be able to get over there afterwardrs. Well...wouldn't you know it...Olivia got interested in watching Dora at my Dad's and then Diego came on afterwards, putting us home already about 9 pm, so truly there was not an opportunity to stop over. I just prayed she wasn't upset or too worried!
We had planned last minute (well...Katie and I planned it earlier in the week!) to get together as a whole family on Saturday. We used to do dinners as a family every other week or every month and they've dwindled off. So...we're trying to get back on the stick, and like I said, coincidentally it was today that we had planned a get together!
I printed off Olivia's Valentines for the kids, and then it dawned on me (also last minute...20 minutes before we left for dinner!) that I could easily do a Valentine for each adult, and ALSO sneak in something telling everyone our great news. I never know how to just "come out with it" anyway, so this way, the work would be done for me! Perfect.
So...here's Olivia's Valentine (this blog automatically crops them so if it cuts off like the pregnancy test in the previous post, just click it to see it):

And here was our "corny" little announcement that we stuffed after the Valentine:

Well...Auntie Katie saw it first, and said softly, "you ARE??????" And then Grandma Chris saw it and there was nothing quiet about her tears of joy and her jumping up to offer a congratulatory hug. Amazing feelings after so long...just amazing.
My only real concern of the night was how it might affect my other sister in law whom I cherish so dearly. She too has fertility issues and is going through her own very personal struggle. I know all too well the feelings of happiness for the person, but overwhelming saddness for yourself, wondering WHEN you'll have the same opportunity. My heart was so happy...but also so concerned. I hope hope hope that she felt okay throughout the night, and that she will soon find the same happiness and be able to share her own news very soon. Love you Kel.
All in all, it was a very nice night. Olivia played so nice with her cousins all night. It was so great to sit at the table with Kelly, Katie, and Chris and talk. We need to definately do more of these dinners! I had forgotten how much I missed them!



No comments:
Post a Comment