Friday, January 4, 2008

FIRST shot, January 4, 2008

We did our first shot today. Funny how I say WE did OUR first shot when it was MY tummy getting the shot! HA ha HA! No really, Curt gave it to me, and it went great! Well...er...one tiny little story ;) Curt was putting Olivia to bed so that I could prep the shot and get it ready. He comes out and I have already gotten the medication into the syringe and the needle set and read him his part:
(1) Wash your hands.
(2) Hold the syringe in your dominant hand.
(3) Pinch the skin at injection site.
(4) Insert the needle into the skin using a dart-like motion at a 90 degree angle.
(5) Depress the plunger in a slow and steady fashion.

He takes the syringe, asks me if I want a 1, 2, 3 which is a MUST, starts to count, then stops and starts to ask me a question. I was SO anxious to just get it started and done that I yelled at him : I told him that he must be joking to count then stop and maybe said a few other things out of sheer nerves. His eyes got huge (as he probably thought, "wow...what a bitch") and I appologized. He asked his "how to hold the syringe" question, did the count, and shot me in the belly ;) I think he MAY have emphasized the "slow and steady fashion part" a bit, but truly it was not bad.

So....ONE down.....

No comments: