I actually type this on the 31st, the day AFTER transfer, because today I can sit up a bit more freely. I was to be on bedrest yesterday, and minimize steps taken. It's hard to type lying down, so I figured I'd save my update until I could actually type with more fingers than one. Thank each of you that called, sent an email, well-wishes, and prayers. Please keep your thoughts and prayers coming! The road is NOT done yet!!! These beans still must implant! Please pray!
The transfer was scheduled for 10:45 am, and I was to get to the clinic with a full bladder, by drinking 24-32 oz of water, to be finished one hour before the appointment. So...I glug glug glugged my water when we were about an hour out...all 32 oz of it, and I am NOT a big chug-a-lugger to start, so that meant that by the time we GOT to Advanced Fertility I was so uncomfortable with my full bladder, that I truly was not sure how I'd manage to get out of the car. I realize this sounds ridiculous, and you're probably thinking "ohhhhh...full bladder....it blows but is totally doable for the greater good." But...I am telling you...it was SO full it was painful.
By an act of God, I waddled INTO the clinic without peeing all over myself. I could not sit down, could not get comfortable, and rocked back and forth with sheer pain. The ultrasound tech came in and wanted to do a prescan of my bladder to see if it was full and ready for transfer of if I needed to drink more. She saw me waddling and I told her that I was not so sure that when she put the ultrasound probe on my belly, I could hold my pee. I was serious. She took pitty on me and told me that I could go to the bathroom, but ONLY ONE HALF CUP.
I went into the bathroom, and got my cup off the back of the lid, and peed a measly one half cup. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to pee only one half cup when you probably have 239 gallons of pee in there????? Let me just tell you that you should try it sometime...it's exhillerating. Really though, it did offer some relief so that she could prescan my bladder, and tell me the obvious "you're very very full." And with that I was allowed to pee a half cup more.
Then, me and my very full bladder were escorted into the transfer room, which is warmed to a balmy 90 degrees. When they had the door open, it said 86 degrees. The transfer took less than 5 minutes, and was not at all painful (unless you cound the speculum and the ultrasound probe pushing directly on my full bladder. Actually, it was a little hard to relax, so I hope I didn't screw anything up with my tenseness.
TWO little peanuts were put into the cooker. They are 5 day blastocysts, meaning that they were cultured and grown in the lab for 5 days. Here is a photo of them:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/curtandbecki/2008/BabyEmbryosNoName.jpg
The RE described the one on the bottom as "picture perfect", "exactly what we like to see". The little peanut on the top he explains as "a little slower than the one on the bottom, but it could likely look like it's sibling later today." It is just at an earlier stage of development, but he expained that the quality was still quite good.
They also gave me orders for my beta, which is scheduled next Friday Feb 8, and for a 6.5/7 week ultrasound. I can't bring myself to get excited about the ultrasound and such, until I get the call that tells me "you're pregnant!" Until then, I am resting, taking it easy, praying hard, and talking to my uterus, willing these two peanuts to dig in and make themselves comfy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment