Last night was my first progesterone in oil shot. These shots are the big, intramuscular ones that go into my hiney. My Mom was concerned that since I'm not the largest girl in the world, that the 1.5" needle might be a little large for my tush, so I had the nurse at the RE's office order me some 1" needles. Mom came over about 8:30/9 pm last night to do the first shot. There is more to the IM shots than the subQ shots, and I like having the reassurance that she knows what she's doing. NOT that Curt doesn't...we were taught in the doctor's office after our retrieval how to give them, but there's more at stake with these. If you go into the wrong spot, you can cause paralysis or numbing of the legs for 3-6 months...so...for a little while I'll have my mom do them. She IS right next door, so really it's not so bad ;)
Truthfully, it did not hurt too badly. It was better than expected. It did not burn like the stims (Bravelle & Menopur) did, but did take longer to go in, because it is an oil-based shot rather than a water based one like the others. Oil is thicker, so it takes it longer to get through the needle and the muscles resist it more. I did hold it to warm it up a little, since warm oil seems to flow better, then sat on a heating pad afterwards. I'll continue that...it wasn't SO bad. My hiney is sore today, but not terribly so. I can imagine that several more days of these tho and I'll have a sore sore sore bum. Ohhhh well...all worth it in the end if this works, right?
We should know Monday or Tuesday (Tuesday at the rate our doctor's office goes!) when our transfer is. Then...we wait. Wait, Wait, Wait. I believe that our Beta (Beta is a blood pregnancy test) will be on Feb. 8, but that's by MY own calculations, not confirmed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I linked to your blog!!! check mine out.
:)
good luck with this round of shots...you are so brave! keeping prayers coming that each day brings more promise of a new baby.
love love :)
Post a Comment