Saturday, January 19, 2008

Okay...so I have to admit it...I'm scared :( I am on my seventh day of stims (meds to stimulate my ovaries to produce eggs). My body has not been responding very well to the meds, and my estrogen levels have stayed quite low, dispite the shots each day. The nurse explained to me that my estrogen levels need to go up, so that my follicles can grow. (Follicles hold the eggs, and must reach approximately 20 mm in order to be considered "mature" and before retrieval). My follicles are hovering (as of yesterday) between 3-7 mm, and my estrogen MUST go up. The nurse didn't seem too concerned. In fact, she said that she'd be VERY surprised if we didn't see a large jump in my estrogen levels after the large med increase the doc did after my last ultrasound/bloodwork yesterday.

I can't help but worry about the what ifs....what if my body does NOT respond to these meds like it should and we've pumped all this money into this :( What if I can't go through this process at all because I am not responding :( What if :(

I'm so invested that it's hard not to worry. I just want so desperately for this to work...for my body to for ONCE do what it si supposed to do. Can I not...just ONE time, respond as I should???

My next bloodwork and ultrasound is tomorrow. I'm so hopeful...and a little scared about what it might show. Please pray for larger follicles and increased estrogen levels. My heart needs it :)

No comments: