We had our 30 week check today. It went well! First, the fun stuff! We had another ultrasound today! It's always so great to see these two little boys on that screen. Seeing them move and seeing their hearts beating away... So great! It's getting cooler and cooler to see them in 3D/4D. They look like little humans. We even got a picture this time of Baby A making a kiss face and smiling. Grandma Chris came along and got to see the sweet smile of Baby A. We think she's smitten ;)
Baby A is measuring in at about 3 lb 8 oz (50th percentile), and a heart rate of 129.
Baby B is measuring in at about 3 lb 5 oz (44th percentile), and a heart rate of 132.
Their weights are estimates of course, and could be off by about 10% she said. The tech said that the bigger they get, the more difficult it is to measure them, and the margin of error gets a little higher. I remember when we had our 36 week scan, they guesstimated her at like 6 lb 10 oz or something and when we had her she was 7 lb 5 oz, and we KNOW babies gain more than that at the end, so it was off by quite a bit.
My cervix was still nice and long and closed, which was good ;)
OH, and in other news, they have both flipped from head down to breech. Bah. They can keep on a flipping around from what they say ;) Olivia was a good little bean and stayed head down, but these two are movers and shakers. I keep hoping they are both going to flip back because I'd LOVE a vaginal birth over a C-Section. We'll see I guess. Flip boys flip!!!!
We had a different doctor when we were done with our ultrasound, because our usual doctor was off. He was quite the dude. More like a technical rock. He spewed out a whole bunch of information but was NOT personable AT all. He didn't do a heart rate check or measure me, but I figure that he didn't because I had just had an ultrasound which checks heart rate and measures the babies. This doctor was dull dull dull. I'll be glad when our doc is back!
Anyhoo...it was a good appt. AND I gained a normal amount of weight, so all's well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment