Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 25, 2008

We had our 32 week checkaroo today. It went just dandy. I did not gain any weight, which was shocking to me since I've been ravenously hungry again as of late. But hey, I'm not complaining! I asked the nurse if that was okay, and she said, "yes, you're definately growing, so it's fine!" Yep, I'm surely growing...ha!

I forgot to ask him what I measured today. Big. Ha! I'll ask next week! Next week we have another ultrasound! Woo hoo! We also have our first NST, so that'll be a new thing for us!

The ONE thing to note from our appointment is that the doctor did his usual internal exam on me, and I full expected that it'd be the same. Long and closed. Nope. I am still not dialated at all, but I am 50% effaced. I was surprised to say the least. He said that this is VERY normal for a twin pregnancy at this stage. He asked if I was still doing all of my usual activities, and I said yes. He said that I needed to slow it down a bit. No housework...no carrying laundry baskets, vacuuming, only picking up Olivia if necessary, no sex, no carrying groceries, etc. So, light duty it is! To be completely honest, I am a bit nervous about the fact that I'm thinning already. I'm only 32 weeks! He told us that we needed at least 2 more weeks, and 4 more would be idea. I was like WHAT? I am planning on 6 more weeks brotha. Hope I can get to at LEAST 36 weeks. Makes me a LITTLE nervous!!!! I wonder how my cervix will look on the ultrasound next week. Uggh.

OH but on a brighter note, he said that he felt Baby A was now head down again by the internal exam. Hope he's right! I'd really like to deliver them vaginally, and am crossing my fingers!!!

So, we go weekly now to the doctor. I'll be sure to ask him my girth next week...hahahhaha.

No comments: