Thursday, October 16, 2008

October 16, 2008

The Public Health Nurse came today. Every NICU baby gets a referral to public health, and you can choose to use their services or not to. We figured, why not? It'll be a freebie weigh in! The nurse was very nice, and she brought a young student nurse along who oooooed and aaahhhhhed at the babies. She did weigh and measure them, which I LOVE. I love to know how big they are, that they're growing well, etc.

Big Boy Alec was (drumroll please!): 5lb 6oz, 18.5"

Evan was 6lb 12oz, 20"

I wonder if the scale is RIGHT! According to that scale, Alec went from 4lb 14 oz on Monday, to 5lb 6oz today! She did say it was a different scale, etc. We have another doctor appointment on Tuesday, so we'll see what he's at then! I hope it's right, because it'd be a GREAT gain!!!


Speaking of Alec, I'm a little concerned about him. He has been a bit spitty lately, spitting up after each feeding (well after most!). They is new within the past week or so. And he gets a bit fussy after feeding. I just worry that he's experiencing some intolerance to the fortifier. You know...we have such a great history with the fortifier...ahhahaa. I am gonna keep track of his spits and his mood/fussiness after feeding so we'll have a better idea and can talk to the doctor about it Tuesday. He's gaining good now, but just want to be on top of everything, ya know, and I don't want him uncomfortable.

No comments: