Well well well. Lots of good things to report today! FINALLY!!!!
Alec:
-Alec is out of his isolette again, back into a regular crib! His weight started going up, and his temps were holding steady, so they "didn't want the isolette to hinder his progress toward going home."
-Alec is tolerating the Enfacare, Enfamil's preemie formula, so far! A few spits here and there, but not PUKES like Evan had. Poops look good, tummy is soft and not distended...he is doing great! Although, when we were there today, he seemed unsettled...I think we have gassy boys!
-Alec continues to take all feeds by mouth. His minimum is 48 cc, and he often takes more!
Evan:
-The biggest news for Evan is that he pulled his feeding tube out of his nose last night. They decided to wait it out, to see whether or not he needs it in or not! The exciting news is that he has taken ALL feeds by mouth for a full 24 hours! WOW! So, last night, when he only took 35 cc for me and needed the rest through his tube, he has taken all feeds by mouth! Wow! GO Evan! My boys are making big strides!!!
-Evan is still not fortified. The doctor left his orders "as is" today, as it is not our usual doctor, and Evan has SUCH a hard time with fortification! I asked the other doctor today whether he HAD to be fortified. I had a great conversation with the nurse last night who explained that the two doctors have different philosophies, and that our doctor is a bit quicker to fortify than the other, and that I should voice my opinion and my concerns to our doctor (when do I not voice my opinions though, right? hahaha). The other doctor told me that whether or not he'd NEED fortification has to do with how he is growing. His head circumference, length, and weight need to show that he is growing, and getting all that he needs. So, we'll see!
BOTH boys gained weight today! A GOOD, SOLID amount of weight for the FIRST time (for both together!). I am THRILLED. Sunday is also length and head circumference day as well, so I'll list all of them below (they report all in cm, but I converted to inches as well):
Evan:
Weight: 5lb 14.9 oz
Length: 48 cm/ *18.9 inches* (last Sunday was 46 cm/*18.1 inches*)
Head Circumference: 34.5 cm/ *13.6 inches* (last Sunday was 33.5 cm/*13.2 inches*)
Alec:
Weight: 4lb 5.8 oz
Length: 45 cm/*17.7 inches* (last Sunday was 44.5 cm/*17.5 inches*)
Head Circumference: 32 cm/*12.6 inches* (last Sunday was 31 cm/*12.2 inches*)
So....they're growing! WOo hoooooo!
Would I jinx myself if I said that I FINALLY see and end in sight.....
*grow boys grow***grow boys grow***grow boys grow***grow boys grow***grow boys grow*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
LOVE this update!!! Sounds like things are going well and that MAYBE Evan will fit in the outfit I got since it starts at 5lbs. LoL
All our love for all of you. *hugs*
Post a Comment