Well it's official! Our boys are home! We went up to the hospital early afternoon/late morning, and learned all of the necessary info...how to care for the circumcisions, how to care for Evan's eye (he has a blocked tear duct or eye infection), how to dose up and give their vitamins, how to mix Alec's fortificaion, and alllllll of our discharge instructions! We got the boys in their carseat and carbed, and brought them home! Actually, we stopped first to pick up Big Sister Olivia who was THRILLED to see them in the car, then went home!!!
This is going to get very busy around here ;) We were hopping busy with the two boys' schedule, my round the clock pumping, and not to mention our very active 3 year old. It's a good busy though.
It's hard to even describe the overwhelming feelings of having them home... Actually, leaving the safety and security of the NICU, the place the twins have called home for 31 days, is bittersweet. We had one of our favorite nurses today, so it was great to get discharge instructions from her. AND our favorite nurse was in the well baby nursery today, and came down to the NICU twice to see us...once to congratulate us and give us hugs, and a second time to show us off. Actually, when we were leaving, all the NICU nurses came to say goodbye. It was wonderful. They are SUCH caring people. We absolutely are so greatful to them for all they've done for our babies, AND for us. It's amazing how they can lift you up when you're sad, and support you when you need it. Guardian angels I tell you ;)
But being home...seeing our boys without any leads, wires, or tubes, holding them for as long as we choose...heaven. We love them SO much.
Olivia has tested us a bit already. It will ABSOLUTELY be a learning curve, to keep the boys on their schedules and Olivia happy and busy. We'll get it...we just have to learn! We haven't had the chance to learn yet, but it'll come! I do see many sleepless nights around here though...feeding two infants who are still learning, AND pumping every 3-4 hours (at night...during the day is every 2-3)...I am yawning already....hahahhahaa.
My heart is so happy. I can't even describe it. My entire family is home. What a WONDERFUL thing.
I will post some pics tomorrow. I'm BEAT, and do not feel like unloading them right now ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
My heart is overflowing with joy for you all right now. What a wonderful day. I cannot wait to see all the pictures of the FIVE of you all at HOME!!!
Nothing but love for all of you.
Congrats, Becki!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for all of you! What awesome news!
:)
We are so happy for all of you! Can't wait to see all of you.
Miss you much.
Much love xoxoxo
Post a Comment