Sleep deprivation is definately setting in. I am learning what the minimum amount is that I need to function, and 3-4 hours per night does not cut it :( We had a bit of a rougher night last night with the boys. They normally sleep pretty good, but last night not so much. Curt stayed home an extra two hours to let me get a LITTLE sleep. It was heavenly. Thank gosh for Curt ;)
Well, we put Alec back on the fortifier a day or so ago after he didn't seem all that much better off of it. We figured that if he was still going to be pukey and sad, then he should at least be getting the extra calories. Well, after putting him back on, he seemed MORE gassy and fussy. It is not a normal, usual fussy. You can see him writhing around in some pain...and he doesn't "fuss" he cries. I noticed him throwing up in MUCH higher volumes, or at least it seemed. Then, after hours of a sad boy, I changed him, and he had some green in his stool...in two different diapers. I looked it up a bit online and found that it can be a sign of milk protein intoelrance...so...I took him back off the fortifier, and he DOES seem some better. He is still fussy at times of course, but doesn't writhe around when I feed him. Still gassy, but seems more content.
I don't think we tried him long enough off the fortifer to see if he'd be different. So, this time we'll keep him off a few days to see how he is. I read that it can take 3 days to 3 weeks to get all of the milk protein OUT of their systems. His doctor (neonatologist) asked that I call her to give her an update about how the feeding changes went (after I saw her last week), so I think I'll phone her tomorrow or Friday (she's off Thursday) to update her about the changes we tried, and Alec's response, and also wanted to ask her about his green-type stool. I am curious what she'll say. Curt and I wonder if it's REALLY necessary for him to get a fortifier or if because he's drinking so much, he may not need it? He is a small guy, so I am sure she'll say he needs one, but we'll see. We'll try Nutramigen next probably if we need it.
Evan's doing great. He's a pork chop! I did get some good pictures of them the other day finally, and have begun photoshopping them. I'll post a few later! He's gaining weight like a madman we think. He's rolly in the face and legs now like a newborn! Bye bye preemie Evan! He eats like a CHAMP! We just went up to 4 oz for him! BIG boy!!! Alec is taking 3.25 oz or so, but as of late seems hungry after eating that...so may be bumped to 3.5 oz very shortly! Good eaters!!!
Olivia and daddy carved her little pumpkin tonight. She dug inside it this year. At first when Curt suggested she dig in it, she said, "but Daddy, I'll get all cheesy". We're not real sure where that came from, but it's pretty funny! Silly girl.
I think this newborn stage will be a bit of a blur for me in the very near future. Between the lack of sleep, 3 hour round the clock feeding of two babies, 3 hour round the clock pumping and cleaning/storing the milk, lack of time to do absolutely anything or spend any amount of time with Curt...it's definately a blur! While I ADORE the infant, tiny baby stage, I will RELISH the day that I can sleep through the night again. Hell...I'll take 5 or 6 straight hours.....
And speaking of...anyone that wants to take a night shift over here....we will NOT turn you down. Hahhahahahaa. Just kidding. Sort of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment