12:35 am...so I guess it's the 26th, oh well!
The jury's back in on Alec. The reflux medicine is not helping much. Not sure if it is supposed to help him not puke, or to help it not hurt when he DOES puke, but it's doing neither. Still pukes, still sad. He's certainly not terrible, but he is a bit fussy at times.
So, like I mentioned, we took him off the fortifer last night. And again...no change. We'll wait another 12-24 hours, but really, WE now don't believe it's the fortifier. The neonatologist told us to try this...take him off the fortifier completely before trying Nutramigen, because if it TRULY is the fortifier, he'll be different OFF the fortifier. He's really not different, which leads us to believe that perhsps it's NOT the fortifier. The doctor also said that staying ON that fortifier that is specifically for preemies would be BEST because it has extra things in it that the regular does not, so we'll likely put him back on tomorrow or Monday.
I did try and take pictures today and failed miserably. I thought that I'd get Evan first and get him settled and happy. I wanted to do them each seperately, then together, and well...Evan wasn't having any of it. He fussed and cried and acted ravenously hungry 1.5 hours before he was supposed to eat, so it really didn't work. I left the stuff out and will try again tomorrow.
Olivia had her first sleepover this evening. She is sleeping over at Grandma Jill and Grandpa Bob's house. Olivia is absolutely infatuated with Makayla, my little 6 year old sister, and was so thrilled to spend time with her today. She loves her and love love loves to play with her, and Makayla thinks Olivia is pretty swell too. So, Olivia has not slept overnight at anyone's house ever, exept for Grandma's when she was 1. Now she actually GETS it. I asked her if she wanted to spend the night, and sleep in Makayla's bed, and you'd think I offered her a new pony! She was thrilled. Still, I wondered how she'd do, but Jill said that if there was any HINT of a problem, they'd just bring her home. So...I said okay.
But it's so weird not having her home. I miss her! Even though she drives me up and down the wall and I appreciate small breaks, I miss her terribly. Jill called and Olivia was doing WONDERFULLY. She was a dream all day, and listened wonderfully. Got ready for bed, happy to go to bed with Makayla...went to bed holding Makayla's hand.
She's doing wonderful. But gosh, it is VERY Weird NOT having her here, knowing she's in her bed. So weird.
I'll be happy to have my little lovebug home tomorrow!!! I do wonder how her night went! Bet she takes a good nap tomorrow after her long day and night!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment